Friday, November 26, 2010

Jalan Hang Jebat


After Depot Road, a Malaysia-bound train continues alongside the Ayer Rajah Expressway until Gillman Flyover at Alexandra Road, where it diverges from the AYE and continues northwards. Here, it passes the Alexandra Hospital on its right before traveling past Jalan Hang Jebat, a well-concealed road that is off the beaten track.

There is a Muslim mosque known as Masjid Hang Jebat at Jalan Hang Jebat. During the Muslim Haj period, this charitable mosque gives out free food to anyone, regardless of Muslims or otherwise - a Muslim uncle who saw me waiting for trains actually persuaded me to go get some free food there. I politely turned him down as I thought someone else needed it more than I did.

From Jalan Hang Jebat, one can see Blks 19-22, Queen's Close in the background.




View Maps from A Journey till the End in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment